Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A Letter to TM, our trusted telecommunications provider

Dear Sir/Madam,

          I am writing this to express my extreme disappointment and displeasure at your service. Firstly, my IDD service was terminated on the 28/2/2008 by your Consumer department based on them suspecting that there had been fraud calls made to Dubai, Arab. They did not bother to check their concern about the fraud by contacting us to find out more. In which case, they would then find their suspicion groundless as those calls had been made by my mother to my cousin in Dubai. I understand and appreciate the concern by TM but I am utterly baffled by the way things are done. Actions are taken without sufficient information and cross-checking with your clients. To summarise my first complaint, why did TM not make the effort to get more information before taking an action?

          This will bring me to the second point which is since the service has been terminated, why are we NOT informed about it? This shows that actions are merely taken by TM with neither prior nor post informing from your side. This has caused great inconvenience for my family as we need to make constant calls to my relatives in other countries and we were confused by the sudden inability to do it. Is this how you encourage your customers to "get CONNECTED to your family and friends"? Is this how you "build ENDURING RELATIONSHIPS based on trust with our customers and partners"? Relationships involve TWO-WAY communication, not just we as clients making the effort to contact you.

          Having said that, I did contact TM early March to lodge a report about the inability to make international calls. I was then strung around like a puppet by TM's consultants whom ridiculously insisted that I do not actually have IDD service despite me pointing out the fact that my family had been making international calls for the past few years. Then seeing that your consultant was unable to do anything besides plain protesting, I agreed to be transferred to the Sales department to activate my already activated IDD service. My claims were then confirmed when they told me that my IDD service has been activated all along. I was then sent back to report it as a fault which one of the TM's consultants helpfully agreed to help me to lodge a report and promised to get back to me within 72 hours. In which, she did not get back to me and when I called to check, TM's technician was still trying to find out what was wrong. I was again given the promise that I would be updated on the process be it successful or not. This promise, again, proved to be an empty one as no one had contacted me to this day. If TM is efficient, it would not take long to find out that TM itself has groudlessly terminated this service and TM's technician would not have to take their own sweet time to discover and fix the problem.

          Being a loyal and longstanding customer with TM, I am generally satisfied with the services provided. However, this incident has made me think twice about the trust I had in you as Malaysia's premier telecommunications provider. I certainly think this is without doubt not the way to achieve your vision of "being the Communications Company of choice - focused on delivering EXCEPTIONAL VALUE to our customers and other stakeholders." The vision is to be achieved, not to be displayed for decoration purposes. I hope TM would look into the its processes, procedures and also services provided because when you CAN deliver your promises, that is when your customers stay loyal and satisfied. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Ashley Yeong

No comments: